£365 per day
This role is INSIDE IR35
My client is searching for a Java Developer for an initial 3 month contract for a homebased position
The developer will be required to:
- Set up a local Blackboard environment to carry out testing and development work.
- Review the results of the testing already carried out and confirm any issues reported.
- Determine which issues must be fixed prior to the upgrade.
- Carry out any fixes to the Java code to ensure successful upgrade of the Blackboard system.
- Produce artefacts (compiled code) for the building blocks
- Documenting existing Java code to provide the existing team with a detailed understanding of it.
- Provide minor changes to Java as required during the project.
- Work with other developers (not Java) within the team to move to a new Blackboard platform
- Participate in project meetings
The developer must:
- Provide their own laptop and other equipment needed to carry out the role, and work at home for the duration of this contract.
- Be available for and attend online MS Teams meetings during the working day as required, using a webcam.
- Have significant development experience with Java and be able to work independently.
- Have significant experience of the Java Spring Framework.
- Have experience of the Blackboard Learn system.