A local Academy of ours is looking for an IT Technician, to work 2 days a week. The role will involve supporting the existing infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and applications. ICT Technician will have a solid background working within a busy IT team; experience in designing and implementing technical solutions, supporting of Servers, desktops, and operating systems. The ICT Technician must have strong experience of technical troubleshooting and problem solving. The individual will be required to be available for queries during out of office hours. In addition, as part of this role the individual will be expected to travel to other sites as and when required.
• To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems
(Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
• To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident via the helpdesk.
• To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or
permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible;
escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
• To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT helpdesk system.
• To install and configure new IT equipment.
• To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
• To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
• To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated
efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
• Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
• To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing
• Be willing to attend internal training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest
technology and internal system processes.
• To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development.