A specialist school currently requires an IT Support Engineer for a permanent opportunity based in Cranleigh, Surrey. This role would suit an individual looking for a wide range of practical experience, to develop a career in IT. The role will be paying up to £23,000 per annum, with an excellent benefits package.
You will be responsible for day-to-day housekeeping of systems and devices, escalating any support tickets that need to be resolved as appropriate to ensure the smooth running of operations across the Trust.
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00, 40 hours per week. Occasional weekend/evening working where business needs arise.
- Providing high quality, first and second line technical support for IT across the School, and their support functions
- Completing general user administration, account creation, management and deletion to ensure timely and accurate management
- Undertaking software and hardware installs, maintenance of printers and end user devices, systems checks and scheduled maintenance support activities as directed
- Supporting and undertaking ICT project work on discrete matters
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products – Office, Windows 10 (365 specific knowledge would be an advantage)
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory and Anti-Virus software
- Understanding of Outlook/Exchange P Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- A knowledge of some of the following would be an advantage:- scripting / Powershell and/or automation; firewalls, switches, VOIP and/or wifi; Apple products
If you have the experience to carry out this role, then please do apply using your most up to date profile. Please do send your CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back with 48 hours, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.