REED Technology are pleased to be working with a public sector organisation based in Gloucester who are looking to recruit a new IT Support Analyst to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for a support technician who is looking to progress in their career as you will be exposed to a variety of desktop related queries and presented with opportunities to diversify within this large IT function.
This role comes with great benefits of which include a generous pension, free parking, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 33 days holiday) as well as a fair and transparent salary progression scheme.
If this sounds like the role for you, please read on!
Key responsibilities as follows:
• Utilise knowledge, skills and judgment to provide a resolution where possible or where unable to assign call to the appropriate team.
• To deal with all calls received and ensure they are recorded and dealt with appropriately and within agreed SLA’s.
• Ensure that the day to day management of technology support services meets KPIs and customer requirements
• Accurately record information from callers, end users and third party service providers on the Service Desk System. This involves:
• Assist in the triage and prioritisation of calls
• Support customers to trouble shoot and provide a ‘first time fix’.
• Escalate problems to the most appropriate team or organization if unable to provide resolution.
• Create and/or administrate user accounts or passwords.
• Assist in the allocation of appropriate user training.
• Ensure that incidents and problems are managed on behalf of end-users throughout their full lifecycle.
• Liaise with suppliers and customers to order the departmental client hardware and software and keep up to date associated records.
• Support the IT manager in accurate recording of assets, ordering and recharge.
• Under take equipment and system testing
• Comply with all information governance procedures and protocols.
The successful applicant would need to meet the majority of the below criteria:
• Experience in a similar role, together with relevant experience in IT support, project tools and environments.
• Asset management experience
• Good keyboard and Microsoft Office skills.
• Working knowledge of office procedures
• Excellent knowledge of procurement processes and systems.
• Experience of Service Desk Support tools, such as incident/service request management
• Good verbal and telephone communication skills
• Drive, passion and enthusiasm, with the ability to relate well with other members of the team
This is a great opportunity and not to be missed. If this sounds like the role for you please apply online ASAP. Successful candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.