IT Lead & Project Support Engineer – Halifax
Permanent - £25-30K
*** Interviewing now ***
Reed Technology are working with an established IT business to recruit an IT Lead & Project Support Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis.
The role will involve supporting the IT Manager to deliver upon the strategic vision for the design, implementation and support of all internal systems including the network, cloud services, mobile and desktop devices. You will also be responsible for the design, implementation and 3rd line support of client solutions. You will have access to a Junior IT engineer to assist with the support and ongoing maintenance of business systems.
• Development of a robust Cloud First Technology Strategy
• Ensure security and compliance best practices are adhered to and enforced across the business
• Setup New Starters as per the company procedure & decommission as per company procedure
• Work through our Spiceworks Ticketing System & assist other members of the team with day to day issues
• Develop and deliver IT security training to be delivered company wide and then at induction to new starts
• Assist with the ISO27001 implementation in 2020 working with a 3rd party consultant for delivery
• Build meaningful relationships with internal system suppliers (HP, Vodafone, Cisco, Dropbox, Microsoft, Ring Central ECS, Ripple etc).
• Develop client relationships with the innovation team if required and work on client projects as and when required.
• Be a key decision maker for internal systems with robust case presented for any iterations
• Proactive on qualifying and implementing new technology to the group with the direction of the IT Manager
• Ensure a solid reporting process is in place to keep exec team up to date on IT across all companies.
• Ensure IT service is clearly communicated through the business, so users understand escalation paths. Develop training material and promote a self-service mentality.
• Support Technical Operations team on third line escalations as required.
• Proven experience developing strategic system architecture plans
• Meraki & or Cisco Networking Experience
• Azure & Amazon AWS Experience
• VMWare Knowledge
• Office365 Knowledge & Experience
• Spiceworks Knowledge
• Salesforce CRM Experience & Knowledge
• Knowledge around VPN connectivity
• SIP / H323 Knowledge (Not essential but will aid your application significantly)
• VC Endpoint & Infrastructure Knowledge (Not essential but will aid your application significantly)
• Good experience in system and network creation and development
• Good understanding of information processing fundamentals and best practices
• Sound understanding of IT security
• Analytical, conceptual and troubleshooting abilities
• Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and products research
• Solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks when under extreme pressure
• Experience providing guidance and leadership to novice systems engineers
• Proven experience identifying, analysing and resolving system problems
• Strong focus on Unified Communications
Our client is offering a salary up to £30K depending on experience, excellent pension and private medical insurance, along with career development opportunities globally.
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration!