Do you want to start or further your career in IT Support?
Do you want to work for a well-established, national professional services company with excellent benefits such as 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + additional leave outside of entitlement at Christmas + an extra days annual leave on your birthday + the option to sell and buy additional holiday + Private Medical Insurance + Private Pension + Payday socials?
REED Technology are working on behalf of a national professional services company who are currently seeking IT Support at either of their offices in Bristol, Bath or Swindon.
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for users' IT and Business Support requests, logging queries and ensuring response-handling is carried out in a timely manner. First line support is to be provided to users, and if you can’t help then there will be other team members to escalate onto.
You should ideally have at least 1 years’ experience in a 1st Line HelpDesk Support role; preferably gained within the Legal sector or from a professional services firm - this is desirable but not essential.
If you don’t have this experience, but do have a qualification in a relevant discipline and are keen to put this into practice then we would love to hear from you.
• Act as the first point of contact for incoming support requests whether submitted be email or phone
• Acknowledge and log all calls received
• Proactively manage calls and issues through the Helpdesk logging system through to resolution
• Follow a methodical and appropriate diagnostics process to troubleshoot faults and failures and resolve queries
• Aim to resolve more than 80% of queries at first point of contact
• Identify and escalate more complex queries to [IT Technician], (2nd tier) or when appropriate to the IT Infrastructure Manager (3rd tier)
• Create and manage network user accounts and the company’s Active Directory
• Create and manage email accounts
• Create and manage appropriate user groups
The ideal candidate will meet the majority of the following criteria:
• Educated to A Level standard. Microsoft Certified Professional
• At least 1 year in a Helpdesk Support role
• Knowledge of desktop PCs, Thin Client PCs, Laptops, Printers, Photocopiers, VOIP Telephony and other peripherals is preferred, as is a basic understanding of networking and infrastructure but not essential
• Excellent IT skills; adapts to and understand information systems quickly
• Excellent customer service skills, highly organised and able to multi-task
• Good problem solving and analytical capability.
• Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and manage own workload
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Does this sound like the role for you? If so, please click 'apply now' to be considered. Successful candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.