An international client of ours in the shipping/logistics industry are seeking to recruit an invoicing clerk for their purchasing department for a temp role.
You must be available immediately or on short notice for this assignment.
Candidates will have experience from the shipping/freight/logistics industry and have at least 6 months experience within a similar role.
The main day to day duties will entail:
• Raising Purchase Orders as requested from branches and agents
• Sending PO’s via email to various suppliers
• Sending PO’s back to branches via email if their order is local
• Raising Purchase orders for jobs allocated on the system
• Raise jobs for collections from suppliers
• Raise jobs for stock requests from branches/agents
• Raise commercial invoices for shipments where required
• Add all details of PO’s in the packaging purchases report using in house system
• Receive and allocate PO's
• Check the daily reports and chase for POD’s if past the due date
• Checking and matching invoices against PO's
• Make any amendments to PO’s in system ( in house so training given)
• Enter invoices into the system
• Filing of PO’s and invoices
• Checking supplier statements
• Dealing with invoice queries/late payments
• Any other ad hoc tasks