My Client are a forward thinking and exciting company to work for. They are a national SIPP/SSAS provider with a large office in central Bristol.
On top of a competitive salary and genuine career progression prospects , my client offer unique benefits plus casual smart dress code, earn rewards for longevity of service and lots more social events.
I have an Opportunity for a Investment Administrator to join their team,. Their Administrators provide an important role in the administration of their SIPPs.. There are a range of important tasks in the operation of SIPPs which Administrators can handle, which includes the ongoing and day to day administration of the investments within the department. They are responsible for providing an on-going quality administration service to our clients.
• Processing of clients instructions and any task activity accurately and to the service standards set by the Company, at all times maintaining confidentiality and demonstrating discretion.
• Where relevant and appropriate, informing Account Managers, clients and financial intermediaries of specific matters or issues affecting their schemes and benefits relevant to each scheme especially actual or potential problems.
• Ensuring that client deadlines, all internally agreed key performance indicators, service standards and regulatory reporting requirements are met.
Instrument and Provider Due Diligence and Monitoring
• Demonstrates an awareness of the nature of each asset class and instrument type, eligible for holding within a pension scheme.
• Demonstrates an awareness of whether an asset / instrument / counterparty should be allowed into the scheme asset register as an allowable investment.
Demonstrates an awareness of the principles around partial transfers and cognisant that partial transfers of crystallised funds is not allowed.
Asset Custody & Controls
• Understands the principals of custody (i.e. safe guarding of assets). Understands the custodian policy of the firm and its procedures for custody monitoring. Is able to operate and review activities against the approved custodian register. Is aware of the suitability assessment of any custodian related to an investment instrument.
• Demonstrates conformance with all data controls within the firm asset register and custodian record files.
Investment Trading Principals
• Demonstrates an awareness of how each permissible investment type is traded when in market list form. Has a working understanding of trading timelines (i.e. placement and settlement).
• Demonstrates an awareness of the purchase / sale process for unlisted equities and bonds and the documentary requirements of the instrument / account.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• A sound and proven experience within pension benefits administration.
• Demonstrates a full operating knowledge of the key administration and support software that is central to the role within the business. Able to cross train new starters to our internal procedures and methods.
• Fully understands the data conformance needs of each system and where key data is mastered. Able to demonstrate exceptional information security control.
• Is able to demonstrate a full working knowledge of all market active pension wrappers. Investment permissibility, fees etc.
• Can demonstrate a full understanding of the asset classes / instruments eligible for SIPP and / or SSAS investments.