We are looking for an experience Investigator to manage a team of home-based Investigators within the Compliance & Inspections function focussing on either regional or functional activities. To ensure national SIA compliance strategies are implemented through risk-led deployment of the team.
Your primary role will be to lead your team in building and managing effective relationships with contacts from within the private security industry, in particular with enforcement partners, and in the appropriate use of interventions to achieve compliance. This will be part of a wider approach to ensure compliance with regulation alongside colleagues from other functions.
You will be responsible for leading your team in maintaining key partnerships with the Police, Local Authorities and other agencies to enable compliance strategies to be implemented. You will ensure non-compliance with regulation is tackled directly using business interventions or through partners where appropriate.
• Manage and motivate a team of home-based investigators to work effectively and consistently to the SIA’s corporate standards, strategies and values.
• Ensure the effective development and deployment of the team to meet operational priorities, including the gathering and testing of intelligence and evidence.
• Responsibility for development and delivery of tactical solutions to achieve regional and national performance targets.
• Ensure your team works effectively in conjunction with other parts of the SIA to deliver a joined up approach to achieving compliance and tackling risk.
• Work with partners to identify and disrupt serious and organised crime associated with the industry.
• Undertake tasking to address threats to our reputation and the regulatory outcomes we are looking to achieve, e.g. training malpractice.
• Ensure interventions are proportionate and consistent with SIA national strategies and ‘Better Regulation’.
• Deploy the team to conduct investigations into non-compliance with the Private Security Industry Act 2001.
• Deploy the team to obtain evidence to support business licensing and other decisions that the Authority may be required to make, including those which may be appealed at court to civil standard.
Achieving Results of High Quality and Value
• Experience of project management, demonstrating the ability to plan, prioritise, and achieve high quality results in the context of external and internal constraints such as budget, time or resources.
• Experience of effectively gathering and analysing information
• Ability to use own initiative and constantly strive to deliver excellence in work, demonstrating drive, determination and commitment.
• Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate and resolve issues, seek out information and to develop practical and creative action plans and solutions.
Knowledge of Private Security Industry Act (2001) and other relevant legislation (CPIA, Fraud Act, PACE, etc.).
• Knowledge of key aspects of employment law, company law and relevant financial regulations for businesses.
Management Experience and Working with Others
• An understanding of and a commitment to equal opportunity and diversity issues, with the ability to recognise and welcome individual diversity, both among staff and others.
• Experience of home working.
• Experience of managing a wide range of people remotely
Send CV along with A4 page outlining your suitability , .