Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
Thames Valley Police are recruiting for an Interview Administrator to be based in Milton Keynes.
In this role, you receive, store and administer interview recordings and provide accurate and balanced typed summaries of taped records of interviews between police officers and suspects, working within departmental and force guidelines.
- Receive and process recordings of police interviews with suspects. Interpret against set criteria the information and evidence contained within that recorded interview, in order to produce an accurate summary of the salient points for use in the prosecution process.
- Check that the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE) has been complied with.
- Be responsible for decision making, treating each case individually on its own merits and implementing disclosure to appropriate parties, i.e. within the confines of the Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation.
- Use the relevant systems in order to access and search for information as and when necessary.
- Implement document and recording disposal/destruction in accordance with the Thames Valley Police Destruction Policy.
- Liaise with internal and external agencies, i.e. Police Officers, Crown Prosecution Service, Courts and other CJ Hubs both face to face and by telephone.
- Assist in the production of full audio transcriptions as and when required.
- Work within Health and Safety procedures taking reasonable care for the Health and Safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work. To adhere to policies and procedures in respect of Health and Safety.
- Assist other areas of CJ teams in all functions (when necessary).
You will have:
- Good standard of Education GCSE English ‘C’ Level or above (or equivalent).
- RSA II or equivalent.
- Typing speed, minimum of 40 wpm.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Ability to input, update and retrieve computer information, including databases.
- Experience of audio typing.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience of summarising information.
- Recent experience of Excel and working with spreadsheets.
- Experience of using document templates.
Working on a Temporary basis for 3 months with potential to extended, it will be a Full Time role with an initial pay rate of £9.34 per hour PAYE rising to £10.13 per hour PAYE after twelve weeks.
Please apply now or email Derrick.Codling@reedglobal.com and join us in loving Mondays
All roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it’s the driving force behind all of REED’s philanthropic activities.