The DFE have provided state- funded schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2. As a result of this funding Reed Education are working with a secondary school in Scunthorpe in their recruitment of a numeracy intervention tutor to support their year 7 cohort.
The successful applicant must:
· Must hold a relevant qualification for the position applied for
· Be reliable, committed and interested in working with students and demonstrate the qualities of a good role model (qualities of compassion, trustworthiness, politeness and good listening skills)
· Have good interpersonal skills; be trustworthy as well as being patient and confident when working with children.
· Have experience or have a desire to work with students in a social environment within a School setting.
· Have experience of working within a team.
· Deliver literacy and numeracy intervention programs to individuals preparing relevant and appropriate learning experiences in conjunction with the inclusion team.
· Discuss reasons for underperformance with students, through interview
· Assist in the development of suitable intervention material
· Keep a log on students who undertake intervention and assist on the recording and reporting procedures.
· Support exam revision sessions as required
· To assist in the development of appropriate lesson plans, resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies
· To plan and prepare 1-2-1 lessons
· High quality training and support
· Access to a range of CPD courses
· Opportunities to work across a number of schools
· Competitive rates of pay
· Dedicated consultant to support you within your role
If you are interested in applying or for more information, please contact Serrina Singh or click APPLY today.
Reed Education are committed to Child Protection, therefore all candidates will be required to provide employment and personal references, and undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and List 99 check.