£36,000- 40,000 per annum
Full time, permanent
Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
Reed Accountancy and Finance are proud to be working alongside an instantly recognisable and highly reputable city center public sector organisation in their search to bring on board a new Internal Auditor.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, you will be responsible for planning out and implementing effective and efficient internal audit work to departmental standards in compliance with the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Carry out specific audit processes to the standards set out in the Department’s Audit Manual and in accordance with the requirements of the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
- Interview staff at all levels to obtain detailed knowledge of the systems/procedures under review in order to provide an objective evaluation of the overall adequacy and effectiveness of the organisational framework of governance
- Document current systems/procedures in an appropriate manner and present appropriate reports to the heads of the respective departments
- Prepare and agree overall remit and scope of assigned audit engagements with managers / directors
- Complete time and progress updates to enable work to be monitored and controlled
- Contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department including the carrying out of the department’s annual assurance programme through the testing and evaluation of key controls
A professional auditing qualification (CMIIA) or accountancy qualification (ACCA/ICAS/CIMA) with relevant audit experience would prove beneficial, though candidates who are qualified by experience would also be considered.
My client offers flexible working and a competitive holiday entitlement of 34 days annually, inclusive of 9 public holidays (increasing after 5 years).
If you think you have the necessary experience to be successful in this role please apply through the link below, or contact me on 0131 226 3686/ at email@example.com to find out more.