Reed Accountancy are working with a well established client in Newcastle who are looking for an Internal Auditor to join their team with a drive for excellence, team orientation and commitment to our internal stakeholders. This position is an excellent opportunity to be able to grow and diversify your skills through the execution of audit plan projects and providing value add recommendations to senior management.
Main Duties will include:
- Interacting with departments and personnel throughout the company, at all levels, including the senior management
- Independently risk assess areas, determine a proper course of action for testing and execute against the developed audit program
- Working in a team and individually taking a “hands on” role in the execution of audits from start to finish (preparation, fieldwork and reporting) to assess design, effectiveness and efficiency of controls within the business.
- Ensuring execution of the audit plan within departmental methodology, policies and standards.
- Leading and directing closing meetings with senior management to provide recommendations and solutions to add value for the organisation.
- Assessing procedures and developing audit steps to test compliance with laws and regulations.
- Performing follow-up procedures on Internal Audit observations.
- Providing input into the audit planning process.
Suitable candidates will ideally have a degree in accounting business or finance. and significant years experience within internal audit in a regulated environment.
To apply, please email your CV to Adam.Smith@reedglobal.com