|Location: Worksop||Salary: 45000.00 - 55000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3047715|
The role will involve leading the development and delivery of an annual audit plan to provide assurance to the board of the effectiveness of key controls and the management of risk.
• Assist the Head of Finance in the development of the annual risk based assurance plan to support and add value to the business and deliver an annual risk-based audit plan to the Board, aligned to the business’ key strategic and operational risks.
• Maintain, monitor and develop the Corporate Audit Manual and ensure that audit work performed by the Internal Audit team is in line with established methodology.
• Manage internal audit projects, including the identification of risks & controls, design and delivery of audit procedures, the design of recommended actions and the assessment and reporting of findings, demonstrating effective stakeholder management throughout
• Facilitate line managers to assume ownership of audit actions and drive risk mitigation and added value through the ongoing monitoring and reporting of actions.
• Prepare and co-ordinate reports and papers for the Audit and Risk Committee. Work with the CFO and the Committee Chair to manage the annual Committee agenda.
• Responsible for day-to-day management of the work of the Internal Audit function, including resource allocation and performance management.
• Provide advice and consultancy services to senior management and other team members on risks and how to effectively manage these through the implementation of controls and process improvements.
• Manage the contractual relationships and performance of third parties engaged to provide assurance where appropriate
• Prior experience operating at management level desirable.
• Proven experience in the Retail Industry desirable.
• Experience of reviewing systems and controls.
• Proven Business Acumen, sound experience of risk management & controls
• Ability to challenge assessments of risks made by other members of management in a professional manner.
• Process mapping and documentation skills.
• Report writing skills and good attention to detail.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to manage a budget.
• Assertive and confident and able to quickly build a high level of personal and professional credibility within the business, demonstrating strong business understanding and acumen.
• Strong project management experience.
• Good PC skills and able to read and analyse data, producing reports as required.
• Confidentiality is essential as access to both personal data and commercially sensitive information is part of the role.
• Membership and secretary to the Audit & Risk Committee
• Heightened personal legal liability for H&S Compliance
• 24 hour availability is required as part of the crisis management team
· 39 hours per week between 8.00 – 5.30 – flexibility is possible
· £50k salary maximum
· £425 pcm car allowance
35444 - 41967 GBP Per Annum
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more
45000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
BEACONSFIELD, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
55000 - 65000 GBP Per Annum
CITY OF LONDON, LONDONRead more
55000 - 67000 GBP Per Annum
NORTH WEST LONDON, LONDONRead more
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more