INTERIM PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTANT, PENSION FUND AND TREASURY
My client are a South East London Local Government Authority who are seeking an experienced Interim Principle Accountant to start a 3 month temporary contract asap!
The Treasury and Pension team has recently expanded with additional areas of work. This has created a short term need for some additional experienced resource to help stay on top of the daily work while also helping to establish new and effective processes. The growth relates to:
• Pensions - supporting the Pensions Investment Committee deliver on their priority to reduce the Council’s exposure to fossil fuels, responding to improvements identified by the Pensions Board, procurement of an actuary and advisor, completion of the annual accounts.
• Treasury – continuing the regular functions in-line with the strategy but also to work on improving cash flow forecasting, and corporate finance modelling of borrowing options to support the Council’s Building for the clients' priorities.
• A CCAB qualified and experienced accountant with good knowledge of local government finance, including pensions and treasury. Oracle experience an advantage.
Key deliverables, working alongside the team, will include:
• Managing the Council’s Treasury Management activities to ensure the processes support the strategic aims of the organisation and daily cover is in place;
• Being the main contact for the Council’s Banking and Treasury Management contracts and relations to ensure effective arrangements and controls are in place;
• Managing the work in respect of the Council’s use of procurement cards and related responsibilities for spend data under the Transparency Code;
• Coaching more junior members of the team to support their development and liaising effectively with colleagues to ensure the above functions are delivered efficiently and effectively; and
• As part of a smaller, flexible and responsive finance service respond to occasional demands to support other services as the need arises.
If you have a relevant working background and can commit to this booking for 3 months then please submit your CV at your earliest convenience