|Location: LEATHERHEAD COMMON, SURREY||Salary: 47791.00 - 59081.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Finance||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3072389|
My client is the UK's leading veterans' mental health charity and they have an exciting opportunity to join them on an initial 6 month contract to manage the outputs and operation of the finance department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for treasury management, tax administration, statutory and management reporting of and its trading subsidiary to provide accurate information to directors and budget holders and to ensure compliance with the Charity Commission, Companies House and HMRC.
• Responsibility for the production of Statutory Financial Accounts
• Source of expertise relating to VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE and ensuring that these areas are appropriately managed.
• To oversee the treasury function including cash-flow planning and achievement of investment income opportunities
• Lead on the Financial Performance Reporting to the Board and its subcommittees as appropriate
• Leading the budget planning process and preparation of the annual budget for the Society ensuring strong processes are in place for resource allocation and performance monitoring at all levels of the Society.
• Responsibility for driving improvements to and the maintaining of the Internal Financial Control Framework
• Oversee projects to improve the performance of Finance processes across the organisation
• Providing sound financial advice to directors and other senior management.
Financial Management & Control
• Lead the Finance Department in the production of financial statements which are fully compliant with Charities SORP, Company Law and any additional requirements of the Charity Commission, as appropriate.
• Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual financial activities to ensure the timely delivery of accurate and timely financial performance reporting to the Finance Committee and the Board of Trustees.
• Working with senior budget holders within the Charity, its trading subsidiary and other relevant parties to produce annual budgets in line with organisational strategy.
• Leading on and improving the systems surrounding all aspects of project budgets, organisational forecasts and business planning, with a particular focus on the financial information flows between Fundraising and Service Managers.
• Work with other Senior Managers across the organisation, creating viable business models and tools for financial decision making which support the business strategy
• Provide guidance and project management where necessary to ensure financial systems, procedures and process changes are made as and when necessary to enable changes in reporting requirements.
• Working with the Director of Finance, Information Management and Governance in developing performance metrics and critically appraising the current activities of the organisation.
• Understands and applies commercial and financial principles to improve business performance.
• Keeps up to date with external factors impacting on the business environment.
Specialist knowledge & application
• Completes work to a high standard and always seeks to improve performance.
• Generates new ideas to improve existing approaches.
• Identifies learning from previous experiences and applies it to new situations.
• Willingness to develop knowledge and understanding of pension scheme administration
50000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
BELLINGHAM, LONDONRead more
50000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
HAMMERSMITH, LONDONRead more
50000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
TAMWORTH, STAFFORDSHIRERead more
45000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWTON ABBOTT, DEVONRead more
50000.00 - 60000.00 GBP Per Annum
TAMWORTH, STAFFORDSHIRERead more