Interim Assistant Director – Environment, waste, and Street scene
My client a local authority based in South Yorkshire have a high profile and challenging interim role for an Assistant Director – Environment. This role will be initially running for around 6 months initially. The role is a fantastic chance to be work in a prominent and political authority area – with main focus being on waste, street scene and helping push forward an environment improvement plan. The role is responsible for work force of over 500 people. This role will be a blend of remote working with occasional onsite work needed in South Yorkshire.
To take a lead role for the Environment function and, as a key member of the Regeneration and Environment Team, support the Director in the development, delivery and implementation of directorate and corporate strategies and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities and duties will include:
• Develop and deliver an integrated Street Scene service that supports pride of place and encourages investment.
• Develop and deliver best practice waste management and recycling services.
• Take a strategic approach to delivering the council’s services that impact on the environment.
• Consolidate regulatory, enforcement and neighbourhood response functions to deliver an integrated and proactive service.
• Develop and deliver best practice corporate resilience, emergency planning and business continuity services with strategic partners.
• Develop, manage and delivery the Directorate’s professional business support function.
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
• A proven track record of achievement, exploiting new opportunities and winning commitment as a senior manager in a large, complex, and challenging organisation.
• Successful operational budget management in a large complex organisation
• Successful leadership and a proven track record of delivering tangible results and value for money services
• A demonstrable track record of leading, motivating, and inspiring multi-disciplinary teams to achieve
• A track record of working successfully with partners, both internally and externally, to achieve common goals.
• A track record of working to manage conflicting service and corporate priorities.
• A track record of leading successful major service and culture change including effective industrial relations to put the customer at the heart of service delivery.
• Evidence of building and maintaining reputation management.
• Significant understanding of the national agenda influencing Local Government and the wider public sector
• Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework within Local Government and issues relevant to the service responsibilities, including a detailed knowledge of professional standards.
• Significant knowledge of Financial Procedure Rules relating to Local Government and the services which the Council is responsible for.
• Ability to establish positive relationships with the Mayor, Elected Members, Partners, Staff, Trade Unions that generate confidence and respect.
If you have the necessary experience please do apply online today or send your CV directly to Francesca.email@example.com