To work within the Insurance Team FOR A WELL ESTABLISHED FIRM, responding to customer enquiries, advising customers in respect of all aspects of their insurance requirements including claims, handling predominantly customers who are classified as Consumers by the FCA.
****Candidates must be experienced in Home/Motor/HNW/Travel****
- Identification of new business opportunities from the existing client bank and other areas.
- Liaison with clients to secure referrals of new leads for other areas of the business.
- Obtain new business and renewal quotations to present terms to clients by phone, letter, email and face to face as required, in accordance with the companies procedures.
- Processing of new business and renewals and mid-term adjustments on companies back office system, including checks to ensure that documentation is correct.
- Shared responsibility for answering telephone calls into the business.
- Ensure all administration is completed in an effective timely manner and in accordance with the company’s compliance manual, digital files to be maintained in chronological order on the company’s virtual filing software.
- Manage Renewals work load so that all renewals are delivered to customers in line with FCA recommended timescales.
- File Notes for clients to be correctly drafted, clearly capturing what was discussed, with whom and when, to be signed dated and timed by author and stored in virtual cabinet
- Ensure that the firm’s high standards of client care are met, operating at all times within the guidelines of the FCA as documented in the firm’s Compliance Manual.
- To undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed.
- Assist customers with initial reporting and subsequent negotiation of claims.
- Comply with the companies complaints handling procedures.
The job requires a thorough knowledge of:
- The principles, practices and legalities of all classes of general insurance purchased by ‘Consumers’
- A working knowledge of the General Insurance market in respect of Commercial insurances.
- Underwriting and rating factors, and how these are applied in relation to all classes of Consumer insurance.
- Security measures Risk Management techniques for residential properties.
- Relevant FCA Rules.