Do you have experience working in a Sales team and would like to start a career in the Shipping industry?
Are you looking for a company that offers excellent progression and development opportunities?
This is a dynamic commercial role, covering a wide scope of accountabilities.
The successful applicant will play an integral role in the UK Sales team, the main duties include:
• Trade Development with Strategic Overseas Partners.
• Converting opportunities to bookings.
• Responsible for Overseas Partner and Customer experience
• Procurement of costs and solutions from suppliers which will include, shipping lines, hauliers, warehouses, packing companies etc.
• Supporting and installing trust with our overseas network, effectively taking care of their requests, and converting them to bookings.
• Take the time to help our partner understand our market, the differences and make positive suggestions if there may be a more effective way of handling a shipment or business in general.
• Maintain regular contact with Partners to ensure we are meeting their requirements and maximising opportunities.
Good communication and teamwork skills are essential, as is willingness to promote their Client’s value directly to customers and ability to close business opportunities. Some shipping/Logistics experience would be beneficial.
Previous Sales experience would be a bonus although this role is not a 'hard sales' position, should be highly motivated, display initiative, have strong time management skills, and be attentive to detail.
The role requires a high degree of technical and learning capability on a wide variety of systems, so excellent IT skills are essential including Excel.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below, or contact Reed Ipswich for more information