A leading UK Children's Charity
£50,000 - £55,000 Basic Salary + Benefits & OLW
Would you like to work for one of the UK's leading Children's charities whose sole purpose is to protect and support the UK's most vulnerable children and young people? Then look no further…
My client are looking for a Technical Infrastructure Manager who will be the subject matter expert for an ambitious transformation programme. As a result of this project you would be responsible for the infrastructure and server security. You will need to have a hands on approach to system security, a deep understanding of cloud concepts and design and new system deployments.
Key duties for this role include:
- Act as a principal technical lead to support current and emerging technologies. Jointly responsible for integrating new requirements into the existing infrastructure and future landscape
- Support senior management in establishing and maintaining supplier relationships and working with key vendors, assessing emerging technologies taking into account:-Current and future business requirements - Price versus performance.
- Help to define and document target architecture taking into account, growth, scalability, industry trends & IT Strategic Plan
- In conjunction with the Infrastructure team – owns and is accountable for Storage, Server Systems, Network and Security infrastructure architecture
- Ensure technical design adheres to the strategic Enterprise Architecture and best practice
- Inspire a mixed team to achieve high levels of networking and system engineering excellence.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Work with IT Management on key activities and projects
- Participate in architecture reviews, define and maintain documentation of Server Systems, Networking and Security technology standards, processes and policies.
- Consult on priority incident/problem resolution as a subject matter expert and authority for Storage, Networking and Security, configuration and policy
- Consult on project requirements, understanding business drivers, assisting translation of business requirements into appropriate solutions
- Provide enterprise and solution architecture expertise across a wide-variety of business initiatives and project
- Champion your programme of work with senior management
- Lead team development and engagement activities, working closely with colleagues, head of section, other areas of the business and external partners
Candidate Skills and Experience
- Deep knowledge and experience of security systems, threat mitigation and solutions
- Demonstrable experience of supporting and maintaining multiple diverse technology stacks standard across enterprise IT operations including (but not limited to) IBM/SAN, Linux, WIFI, Cisco switches/routers, email and security systems.
- Experience of supporting a diverse range of network, PC, Laptop and ancillary equipment across remote sites.
- Experience of successful on-premise to Cloud migrations and post migration support and solution evolution
- Strong customer service ethos and interpersonal skills.
- Working in an autonomous fashion, empowered to make key decisions
- Detailed understanding of legislative, financial and risk and experience of putting in working practices to prevent and mitigate errors.
- Recognition of individual and departmental duty with regards to confidential information, exhibiting a duty of care across both