Infrastructure Engineer – Senior Systems Engineer sought by a large organisation who are a specialised in their field. You will work as part of the platforms team.
Management and maintenance of all aspects of Infrastructure and hosted Virtualisation platforms, the adoption of new services into production, and responding to incidents and service requests, in alignment with ITIL processes, and ITSM tools. You will also be responsible for projects involving new and existing infrastructure requirements.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Server, Storage and Backup infrastructure services within a Service Management framework and in line with the agreed standards
- Responsible for managing the resolution of major incidents and any escalated issues on the Compute & Storage platform infrastructure;
- Responsible for supporting delivery of technological change across infrastructure;
- Responsible for the security, resilience, backup and monitoring of infrastructure
- Represent the Infrastructure services in Change Advisory Board meetings, daily and weekly Service Review meetings for
- Responsible for fostering a practice of collaboration and continuous improvement within and outside of the Infrastructure team
- Expertise in infrastructure technologies, including Hyper-V virtualisation, Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, storage and VMware
- Excellent operational monitoring, management and troubleshooting skills and knowledge of problem resolution methodologies
- Knowledge of IT Security protocols, processes, policies and standards
- Experience and knowledge of supporting technical solutions in a complex, multi stakeholder environment
- Proven experience of working and delivering IT project
You will work within a large team and be entitled to a generous benefits package and great work/life balance.