Windows Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Support
3 month contract
£200-£250 per day
Newcastle Upon Tyne
My Newcastle based client has an immediate requirement for a Windows System Engineer to join their team on an initial 3 month contract with potential of extension. As a Windows Systems Infrastructure engineer you must have a deep and broad knowledge of Microsoft computer platforms and should be able to communicate well in both verbal and written form. A solid technical background in Windows Server Administration is required as primary responsibility for this role will to provide tier 3 support to the existing windows infrastructure.
A strong working knowledge of the following is essential:
· HPE Server infrastructure Knowledge, including blade chassis and connectivity technologies such as virtual Connect.
· VM Ware
· Building ESX hosts using scripted install (kickstart scripts), Physical and Virtual Servers
· Site recovery manager
· Active Directory, GPO and GPP configuration and management.
· Troubleshooting technical problems involving software, operating systems, and hardware (where applicable).
- Experience with Azure would be beneficial
Please apply with an updated CV ASAP to retain an interview request.