We are currently recruiting for our key Public Sector client who have an urgent requirement for a part-time Information Governance Office (temporary - long term).
This role is part-time (with flexibility) and you may be required to work from home.
Main purpose of the role:-
Support the development and implementation of processes to ensure the OPCC is compliant with data protection and freedom of information legislation and regulations.
- Support the Line Manager to develop and promote data protection and information management policies, procedures, guidance and networks in order to ensure lawful processing, compliance with data subject rights and best practice in line with the requirements of data protection legislation and regulations, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Work with OPCC colleagues and partner organisations across West Yorkshire to implement compliant information sharing practices to facilitate effective partnership working in order to deliver the Police and Crime Commissioner’s (PCC’s) Police and Crime Plan.
- Act as a point of contact for data protection and information management in the OPCC in order to provide support and advice to colleagues on a range of data protection issues, referring matters to the Line Manager as required.
- Undertake information audits across the OPCC in order to identify compliance with data protection legislation, preparing gap analyses and action plans in liaison with the Line Manager as required.
- Manage information in the OPCC to ensure appropriate retention and disposal and effective response to requests for disclosure within the statutory timeframes; assessing harm and preparing public interest tests, liaising with members of the Joint Independent Audit and Ethics Committee to facilitate reviews of disclosure and preparing information for submission to the Information Commissioner’s Office in order to ensure compliance with Freedom of Information and Data Protection legislation.
- To assist the Line Manager in the preparation of correspondence for the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to the Freedom of Information Act, subject access, data subject rights and data breaches, including ensuring diligent investigation and research in order to ensure compliance with Freedom of Information and Data Protection legislation.
- Maintain the OPCC publication scheme and prepare information for disclosure on the PCC’s website in liaison with the OPCC Communications Team in order to ensure compliance with transparency regulations.
With a flexible approach to working within a dynamic and changing environment, provide any other support necessary to enable the PCC to fulfil their role.
Expertise in role required:-
Degree level qualification in this area or proven recent relevant experience.
Excellent knowledge and experience of the Data Protection Act and future developments, the Freedom of Information Act, the Management of Police Information and associated disclosure legislation and guidance.
Experience of writing detailed reports for management and for external audiences.
Experience of the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
Good communication and stakeholder management skills.
Has knowledge and experience of managing successful projects.