An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Information Governance Manager to join a leading organisation based in Belfast.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 35 hours per week
Salary: £35,500 - £38,890 pa
Duration: Maternity Cover
To undertake the statutory role of Data Protection Officer and assist in the development and maintenance of an effective information management, assurance and governance framework across the organisation, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and alignment with the overall strategic aims and objectives of the organisation.
• A degree (at least 2:1) or equivalent third level qualification.
• Two years’ experience of working in an information governance role. This is defined as a role in which an expert knowledge of and ability to apply legislation relating to data protection and freedom of information is a key requirement.
• Excellent administration and organisational skills, including attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake the role of Data Protection Officer and ensure that the organisation complies with relevant legislative requirements in relation to information management and security, including the Data Protection Act 2018 (the UK’s GDPR), Freedom of Information Act 2000 and other relevant data protection laws.
• Provide expert advice and support across the organisation in relation to data protection issues, including data subject requests and data sharing.
• Advise, assist and provide support in the development of data sharing agreements and protocols with third party organisations as required.
• Provide expert advice and support in relation to data privacy impact screening and assessments.
• Inform, advise and support staff to ensure understanding of their data protection responsibilities.
• Monitor and manage information data breaches and complaints in line with policies and procedures.
• Oversee the co-ordination of responses to requests for information (subject access and Freedom of Information) within required timescales and to maintain a record of these requests.
• Monitor and review compliance with legislation in relation to information management and security, the Information Commissioner’s Office, Scheme regulations, The Pension Regulator and other best practice guidance.
• Lead the development and implementation of information policies, procedures, processes and controls to ensure effective management of information assets to support business needs and meet legal, risk and operational requirements.
• Input to and co-ordinate production of Departmental Assurance Statements and annual Governance Statement.
• Regularly review information risks and conduct information risk assessments in response to identified risk areas within the organisation, as appropriate, in line with best practice.
• Review and update Retention & Disposal Schedule in preparation for the implementation of electronic records management.
• Have overall responsibility for the management and monitoring of activities undertaken by the Corporate Support Officer.
• Ensure that the recruitment, training, development and appraisal of the Corporate Support Officer is fully compliant with relevant policies, including the Equal Opportunities Policy.
• Undertake responsibilities and process information/data in accordance with policies and procedures relating to information management.