|Location: London||Salary: 145.63 - 194.82 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 3|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3105137|
You will be a member of the Information Governance (IG) team for an NHS organisation. The team will support approximately 2000 staff to deliver high quality care whilst meeting legal requirements and best practice Information Governance standards.
Your new responsibilities:
• To provide advice and act as a source of expertise on all areas of information governance and specifically Freedom of Information, to all staff as required
• To provide readily comprehensible advice based on an in-depth understanding of the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 200 and the Data Protection Act 1998.
• To design and implement robust procedures for responding to requests under the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act. This includes ensuring processes related to Offender Healthcare within HMP Wormwood Scrubs meet CLCH and legal requirements.
• To provide advice and act as a source of expertise on FOI and subject access requests to staff, and also to patients and members of the public seeking to make an application under FOI and/or DPA;
• To provide reports to the Information Governance Committee on a quarterly basis.
• To audit compliance with IG standards and related CLCH policy in individual teams, providing feedback and action plans as required.
• To promote the reporting of information governance incidents using Datix and the entry of IG risks onto the organisation risk registers.
What you need to succeed:
Degree level education or previous relevant experience in an Information Governance related field
Evidence of recent and ongoing CPD / learning in the area of DPA / FOI / Information Governance
Specialist expertise in Freedom of Information Act 2000 legislation and case law
Expertise in Data Protection Act 1998 legislation and case law
An understanding of NHS legislation, governance frameworks
Project management qualification or equivalent in experience
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in this position then please click 'apply now' to forward an up to date CV to us. Alternatively, if this position is not quite right for you but you are looking for work then please feel free to get in contact to discuss further options.
9.16 - 9.78 GBP Per Hour
PETERBOROUGH, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
21000.00 - 22000.00 GBP Per Annum
TEWKESBURY, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
9.31 - 9.31 GBP Per Hour
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
9.74 - 10.25 GBP Per Hour
MILTON KEYNES, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
15.50 - 19.00 GBP Per Hour
CRICKLEWOOD, LONDONRead more