|Location: GREATER MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 500.00 - 680.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 6 months ago||Reference: 3061835|
The Information Architect will help enable our people to search easier and find assets when they need, on demand.
The Information Architect will be responsible for:
Facilitating the delivery of information in a structured and meaningful way to assist content developers and consumers to easily access, find and filter, and understand information within their systems managing digital assets. This essential role will define, develop and communicate the data classification standards to promote consistent and optimal data management practices and incorporate them into information-based developments, define, design, develop and maintain data models that meet immediate and future needs.
The information Architect will also engage in matters associated with information & data governance, including security, privacy, metadata and data quality.
The Information Architect’s role:
Stakeholder engagement, researching and modelling and all associated activities in order to provide a robust information architecture and standards required, including naming, taxonomy and metadata, to support the management, search, filtering and access to relevant resources (people and digital assets) for consumers/learners and during the development of digital assets.
The key deliverables and outputs are:
• Define, develop, document, baseline and communicate the data classification standards (including naming of assets, hierarchy, labelling, metadata and taxonomies) to promote consistent and optimal data management practices and incorporate them into information-based developments to support efficient and effective display, usability, storage, searching, filtering, finding of and access to relevant assets during development and by consumers. This also needs to support workflow of assets.
• Define, design, develop, document, baseline and maintain data models that meet immediate and future needs.
• Create Use Cases and use relevant techniques, to be documented, to support clarification and testing of models during development to demonstrate proven validation, ensuring the standards meet needs and are implementable with the technology used by the client to support content management and search.
• Prototype approach, review and evaluate findings and respond to required improvements to ensure the optimum scalable solution and implementation.
• Develop plans and documentation for the end-to-end life cycle of these task through to and including successful implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement.
To be successful the Information Architect should be able to demonstrate:
• Extensive experience in organising and labelling websites, intranets, online communities, people and digital assets to support usability and findability
• Good knowledge of Information/taxonomic systems
• Experience of implementing divisional/enterprise-level data/information architectures, or creating solution architectures for major applications or change programmes
• Knowledge of data architecture including standard data modelling concepts
• Experience developing or working with architectural concepts, strategies, roadmaps, reference architectures, architectural patterns, frameworks and principles
• Experience of developing information architecture solutions that use Sharepoint
• Experience with data migration concepts involving Microsoft SharePoint
• A good understanding of the concepts and best practices of ETL and be able to apply these suitably to an organisation the scale of the client.
Public Sector Experience Desirable
Job Closes 02/08/2017 12.00pm
40000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum
IPSWICH, SUFFOLKRead more
50000 - 57500 GBP Per Annum
CIRENCESTER, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
65000.00 - 75000.00 GBP Per Annum
COVENTRY, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
75000 - 80000 GBP Per Annum
RAYNES PARK, LONDONRead more
COVENTRY, WEST MIDLANDSRead more