Reed Further Education are currently working with a prison in Stoke On Trent who are currently recruiting for a Industrial Cleaning Trainer to join the education team on a full time, temporary to permanent basis.
HMYOI Werrington is a youth offender establishment based in Staffordshire for young males aged between 15-18. Each young person is offered 30 hours of education a week provided by The Manchester College, including 3 hours of physical education. Subjects on offer include English, maths, business, as well as work-based subjects including painting and decorating, sports studies, barbering and training as a barista.
Hours - Full Time (Mon-Fri)
Role - Temporary to Permanent
Pay - £24.88 per hour/£23k - £29k salary banding
This offers an exciting new opportunity for individuals who are looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.
- Teaching/training experience of Industrial Cleaning
- BICSc Qualification
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Assessor or IV qualification is desirable.
- Experience in a prison environment
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in, please apply with an up to date CV and one of the Reed Prison Education team will get in touch to discuss further.
**This role is subject to enhanced clearance and vetting by REED and the prison**