Reed Further Education are currently working in partnership with Novus, and are recruiting for an Industrial Cleaning Trainer to join the education team at HMP Birmingham, on a temporary on-going basis.
HMP Birmingham is a male Category B prison based in Winson Green, Birmingham. Residents have access to a broad range of vocational training and also courses in basic skills, IT, social and life skills, business skills, creative and performing arts, barbering and more. Students have the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications on all courses.
This offers an exciting new opportunity for individuals who are looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.
- Teaching/training experience of Industrial Cleaning
- BICSc Qualification
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Assessor or IV qualification is desirable.
- Experience in a prison environment
If you are interested and would like to find out more about available and potential positions, please apply and we will get in touch to discuss.
** Successful candidates will proceed through enhanced vetting checks with Reed and the prison before starting the assignment**