Our client Cambridgeshire County Council, is seeking an interim Independent Reviewing Officer to work within its Partnerships and Quality Assurance (PQA) service.
The contract will last 3 months initially, offering £38 per hour (umbrella).
The role will involve the following:
- Undertake LAC reviews
- There is also a quality assurance element to the post, which will see the successful candidate involved in auditing cases, monitoring progress of care plans and pathway plans and feeding back on thematic issues within the county.
- There will also be opportunities to become involved in the wider service development and project streams that are focussed on improving experiences and outcomes for looked after children and care leavers.
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- Be a highly skilled and SWE registered social worker with some experience of management
- Be able to work autonomously as well as within a multi-agency team
- Understand how to, and be able to, positively engage young people and their families in the long-term planning for the young person
- Be able to work collaboratively with multi-agency partners
- Be able to chair complex meetings
- Be able to write comprehensive yet succinct records
- Be able to effectively manage a busy diary which includes deadlines
- Have a progressive and flexible attitude and be adaptable to change
- Have the confidence and ability to sensitively challenge others, including senior managers, where there are issues impacting on the wellbeing of the child or the progress of the care plan
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
Some facts about working for Reed:
Here at Reed we care and we’re professional – in an industry that doesn’t have the best reputation at times – I hope we stand out!
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the Reed Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
Our company values are:
- We are fair, open and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct must be impeccable.
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.