Our client, a Greater Manchester Local Authority is seeking an IRO to join their team
Pay rate is £40 per hour (umbrella).
The role will require/include the following:
- To provide independent chairing services for looked after children and children who are in need or at risk of abuse
- To monitor the implementation of plans for children and promote good social work practice
- To ensure that other relevant partners discharge their statutory duties to safeguard and promote the wellbeing of children and young people.
- To provide a quality assurance mechanism to ensure that all plans for children comply with national standards, local policies and statutory requirements.
- To provide an independent overview and inspection of other functions within children’s services as necessary.
- To provide challenge to operational and senior managers and to escalate to the DCS where appropriate where practice has fallen below the expected standard
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- Work directly with young people whose assessed level of need is at Child In Need and Child Protection – sec 47.
- You will manage a case load, complete specialist exploitation assessments and risk reduction and support plans.
- You will deliver direct work to young people and their families You will have experience of delivering interventions to address concerns such as violence, offending, anti-social behaviour, substance misuse, peer pressure, ACE’s and impact of trauma.
- You will work within a multi-agency framework with GM Police as a main partner and offering support and consultation to additional partners who are supporting young people at the level of Early Help.
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
Some facts about working for REED:
Here at REED we care and we’re professional – in an industry that doesn’t have the best reputation at times – I hope we stand out!
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the REED Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
Our company values are:
- We are fair, open and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct must be impeccable.
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week-day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.
CALL: 0151 242 6248