A vital role as a Inclusive Economy and Communities Manager has become available with Trafford Council to lead a range of place-based projects benefiting the local community. This role is available immediately on a initial 4 to 6 month temporary contract.
What is the role?
Trafford Council and its partners are embarking on a number of projects with the vision of closing inequality gaps and maximising Trafford’s huge potential.
To facilitate this, the Council are now looking to appoint an experienced Communities Manager to support the Council’s Head of service in providing management for the Inclusive Economy and Communities team.
How will you do this?
- Steer and support the delivery of the Inclusive Economy Recovery Plan and contribute to the delivery of the Corporate Recovery Plan.
- Lead the production of a 12 month workplan for the team linked to both these plans.
- Develop existing projects that benefit local communities and identify gaps and measures required to address inequalities.
- Support the delivery of externally funded programmes such as the Discretionary Grant Scheme and Reopening High Streets Safely Fund.
What background do you need?
- Hold a degree, or equivalent, in a related subject such as Economic Development, Regeneration or Planning and have completed a relevant professional qualification.
- Experience of delivering community based economic recovery plans and inclusive community projects.
- Ability to lead the development of initiatives that benefit local communities and address inequalities, especially in vulnerable neighbourhoods.
- Evidence of supporting the preparation of masterplans, strategies and policies for the redevelopment of local areas.
How do you find out more?
To register your interest, and to receive a full job description, please apply below.