Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions.
We are recruiting for an Inclusive Economy & Communities Manager.
We are looking to engage someone who has a successful track record of working in partnership to deliver change, projects and initiatives in the public sector, local community and voluntary sector. You will need to have a proven track record in detailed understanding and the production of inclusive economy and communities related policies and strategies with an understanding of the challenges and opportunities in relation to delivering an inclusive economy and communities function:
Key duties include:
- Support the Head of Service in providing management support for the Inclusive Economy and Communities Team.
- Steer and support delivery of the Inclusive Economy Recovery Plan and contribute to the delivery of corporate Recovery Plan.
- Produce a 12mth workplan for the Team linked to (ii) above.
- Baseline existing projects/initiatives that benefit local communities and identify gaps and measures required to address inequalities (particularly in areas of disadvantage).
- Work with Voluntary, Community, Faith & Social Enterprise sector to produce SWOT analysis for the sector.
- Support delivery and monitoring of externally funded programmes/initiatives e.g. Discretionary Grant scheme, Reopening High Streets Safely Fund.
- Produce briefing notes and Committee Reports as required.
Experience and Knowledge
- Degree or equivalent in a related subject e.g. Economic Development, Regeneration, Planning; plus a relevant professional qualification.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Member of professional body e.g. IED, MRTPI.
- Experience of leading a team and managing performance to meet the objectives of the team
- Significant experience of working in a related field
- Successful track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in persuading, influencing and negotiating successfully with a range of stakeholders
- Proven experience of budget setting, monitoring and accountability.
- Political acumen with an ability to influence decision makers at all levels
This is a temporary role, working on a full-time basis for 3 months with potential for the role to be extended. The role commands a pay rate of between £400 - £500 per day.
This role falls inside the scope of IR35.
*These roles will require security screening and vetting as part of the recruitment process.
Please apply now or email Derrick.Codling@reedglobal.com and join us in loving Mondays
All roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it’s the driving force behind all of REED’s philanthropic activities.
The Foundation provides funding for a number of charities, channelled via the Big Give, the online donation platform that allows donors to discover and donate to projects of interest.