A Public Sector organisation based in Trafford are currently looking for a Inclusive Economy & Communities Manager, the role is initially a 6 month contract paying up to £500 per day.
Your Main Priorities
- Lead the Inclusive Economy and Communities Team in order to create an inclusive economy by delivering opportunities which benefit the whole community in Trafford, through implementing a range of place-based projects including, but not restricted to, business support and growth, investment, employment and skills and community development and regeneration.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and motivation to the Inclusive Economy and Communities Team and ensure that it works in partnership with communities, partners and businesses to deliver a successful place where people and businesses can reach their potential
- Responsible for the delivery and monitoring of corporate objectives (especially those relating to Successful and Thriving Places) including the Recovery Plan and Inclusive Economy Recovery Plan, and ensuring that all inclusive economy and community projects and initiatives meet these objectives.
- Lead the development of projects and initiatives that benefit local communities, especially vulnerable neighbourhoods, to address inequalities.
- Manage the revitalisation of the borough's town centres with local communities and partners, to support them to become vibrant, successful, enhanced and thriving places.
- Support the preparation of masterplans, strategies and policies for the redevelopment of areas in Trafford in line with statutory responsibilities, government policies and Council objectives
- Oversee the development and implementation of a range of inclusive economy and community initiatives and projects, working with partners to include local businesses, communities and the VCFSE to deliver business support and growth, investment, employment and skills and community development and regeneration
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of leading a team and managing performance to meet the objectives of the team
- Significant experience of working in a related field
- Successful track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in persuading, influencing and negotiating successfully with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of working in partnership to deliver change, projects and initiatives in the public sector, local community and voluntary sector on time, to budget
- Proven experience of budget setting, monitoring and accountability.
- Proven track record in detailed understanding and the production of inclusive economy and communities related policies and strategies
- Experience of budget accountability including income generation
- Detailed understanding of the challenges and opportunities in relation to delivering an inclusive economy and communities function
- Political acumen with an ability to influence decision makers at all levels