I have taken 2 part time roles with a local client. 21 hours a week each consisting of 3 full days. The full time salary would be between £25,000 - £27,000. This role is a work from home role but they are really looking for people who have a solid and extensive history of remote work.
The successful candidate will provide generalist advice in a wide range of enquiry areas such as social care, health, benefits, housing and employment. You will have excellent communication skills, be confident, motivated and willing to try new things. You will be passionate about delivering person centred impartial advice, information, support and signposting.
Purpose of the job:
To assess people’s situations and deliver effective advice, guidance and information, by telephone and email, to those affected by life’s challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Respond as quickly and efficiently as possible to requests for support, which may be received via email or telephone
• Deliver quality advice and information to service users that meet national standards and are in line with organisation policy and practice
• Help people to access specialist support that can offer practical and emotional support, which can include talking on a family’s behalf, particularly where they have a problem that is difficult to tackle on their own
• Listen to people and work to meet individual needs, helping people to feel safe and supported.
• Identifying and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries for all enquiries
• Provide crisis support including access to food, heating and daily living essentials within levels of delegated authority
• Use of IT software for statistical recording of information relating to research and campaigns and funding requirements, record keeping and document production.
• Produce clear assessment summaries and management information reports
• To proactively continue to develop appropriate knowledge, attitudes and skills through regular reading of information and attending training courses
• To maintain professional competency and up to date knowledge in all relevant areas of the role including key areas of advice, Data Protection, GDPR, Health and Safety and Safeguarding practice
• Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the role in line with procedures and, Data Protection regulations.
• Ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders to foster a co-operative, flexible and team-working environment
• Carry out any other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the helpline service
• Experience of working in a social welfare related environment, as generalist or, specialist advisor in a paid or unpaid capacity
• Knowledge of welfare benefits information or advice giving
• Experience in delivering a telephone helpline or advice service
• Ability to determine priorities, manage time and ensure deadlines are met
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and experience using databases
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a non-judgmental manner
• Willingness to reflect on and develop own professional practice and be flexible with service delivery
• Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to interact and network with stakeholders