fixed term contract (9 months)
£28,000 + benefits
Based in Felixstowe
Do you have experience in Freight Forwarding/Shipping and would like to work for a world renowned brand that offers progression and development opportunities and excellent job security?
Reed Shipping & Freight are currently the recruitment partner to one of the world’s leading brands in Supply chain who are seeking an experienced full service Freight Forwarder with Import and customs clearance experience.
This role offers an excellent office environment with a bright open space and a team that can offer years of valuable industry knowledge and Support.
The role will consist of:
• Manages all bookings from start to finish for allocated customers
• Develops relationship with allocated customers
• Accepts all orders (from customer or overseas office) and assumes full responsibility for their
successful completion, including origin management, customs clearance and delivery.
• Proactively informs customer on shipment status, exceptions and provides intermediate updates on incident solution
• Processes UK Customs Clearance
• Develops processes and tools to support customer interface and communications
• Takes and handles customer inquiries
• Takes and registers all customer complaints and drives solution of customer complaints by solving it directly or assigning tasks to other function
• Ensures correct charges are highlighted / passed for billing
• Strong background in Ocean Freight Forwarding
• Full UK Customs Clearance ability / experience
• Good Administrative skills
• Good MS Excel skills
• Familiarity with Ocean Freight process
• Results driven and good attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to build relationships with customers
• Able to prioritise and perform under pressure, and work using own initiative.