Technical Implementation Consultant
Manchester (remote initially then one day per week in Manchester)
A Technical Implementation Consultant is required for our market leading & award winning Fintech software company to join them in developing next generation analytics and optimisation software designed to address challenges around ‘Big Data’ in Financial Services. The successful candidate will join the company implementing market leading solutions primarily into Financial Service organisations.
• Interact with the client and their stakeholders / PMs
• Contribute to/run workshops to gather client specific technical implementation requirements
• Provide best practice guidance on how to deploy the application.
• Deploy and configure the application on premise with a client to deliver a working system.
• Configuring connectivity to the wider banking infrastructure e.g. message queuing technologies such as IBM MQ, Kafka and user authentication protocols such as SSO, LDAP.
• Perform application upgrades at existing clients
• Provide guidance on performance optimisation of the application.
• Conduct training of Operational/System Admin end users.
• Identify and understand new requirements surfaced & handover to the Product team for analysis
• Provide suggestions of improvements to the development team.
• Delivery of technical side of implementations working closely with the functional side.
• Estimate the effort required to deliver the technical implementation to enable building an overall project plan
• Identify, categorise and escalate delivery risks
• Safeguard involvement
• Co-ordinate and provide direction to the project team
• Review deliverables prepared by team to ensure appropriate quality is maintained
• Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
• Ensure project documents are complete
Technical & Industry Understanding
• Highly experienced in deploying software on client environments.
• Experience with UNIX operating systems and environments, container technologies, and Kubernetes etc.
• Good knowledge of High Availability / Business Continuity architecture – able to design and advise on approaches
• Understanding of Security architecture principles and implementation
• Excellent working knowledge of common message queueing technologies in the Banking sector e.g. IBM MQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ.
• Excellent working knowledge of querying databases.
• Excellent working knowledge of common authentication technologies e.g. SAML, LDAP.
• Possess general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
• Understands systems development methodologies, particularly Agile development
• Strong understanding of the typical requirements that need to be met when implementing an Enterprise software solution into a large institution and in particular the needs of live service operation and management including logging and auditing.
• Experienced in systems implementation and the typical project lifecycle required to implement Enterprise software packages
• Ideally has knowledge of the structures, products, systems and processes for cash/liquidity management within a bank
• Shows appreciation of typical application and technical architectures
• Understands data architectures and types of data
• Understands roles and responsibilities of internal IT units
• Ideally- technical consulting background