My client a huge Not For Profit Organisation are in immediate need for a Finance Assistant to join their team as early as THIS Friday for a 6 month FTC!
In light of the Coronavirus my client has put measures in place for candidates to either work full time remotely or some days in the office and then some days from home. SO with this The successful candidates needs to have experience working with Sage 200 & 50 and capable of using their own initiative.
The primary purpose of the role is to assist finance department in purchase ledger processes, managing documents and assisting with payroll processing.
They will also maintain a relationship with a range of suppliers and stakeholders assist in resolving queries on payments.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (NO MORE THAN 8)
- Review and maintain Finance inbox, process invoices for payment, and flag queries for team members.
- Ensure invoices received are stamped, authorised and coded correctly. Send the invoices without purchase orders for approval and ensure they are received back.
- Assist in data entry to Sage 200 purchase ledger, payment-runs and maintaining PL,
- Assist in payroll process,
- Maintain document management by scanning the finance documents and storing in the electronic folders and archiving the physical documents with an accurate log maintained.
- Liaise with a range of suppliers, members and employees to resolve payment and invoice queries and highlight any complex queries others in the team..
- Follow the internal controls of the finance department
- To support the work of the Finance team in finance-related ad hoc work.
- Sage 200 and Sage 50 competent
- Process driven
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office products, primarily Outlook, Word and excel
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES/ BEHAVIOURS (NO MORE THAN 5)
- Strong customer service ethos: Dealing promptly and professionally with all incoming communications, information and data
- Plans and organise own workload and manages own time effectively: Work is dealt with in a timely manner
- Maintains databases accurately and timely
- Builds relationships and works collaboratively