Reed Further Education are currently supporting a prison in the Feltham, Middlesex area that have an exciting opportunity for an ICT Teacher to join their education department.
HMPYOI Feltham is split into two sites, A side and B side. The A side is for Young People (YPs), B side Young Adults (YAs). Feltham A holds male young people aged under the age of 18 on remand; convicted and sentenced with a maximum capacity of 185. Feltham B holds young male adults aged 18-21 years with a maximum capacity of 522. This position would be based in Feltham A Education Department.
- ICT Teacher - £23,500 - £37,676 salary banding (Full Time)
- Degree, equivalent professional qualifications, or extensive industrial experience in your specialist area(s)
- Possession of a teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching accredited qualifications from your specialist area(s) from Entry Level to Level 3
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively and to prepare relevant materials.
- An ongoing interest in and knowledge of recent developments in your specialist area(s)
- Other relevant industrial experience in your specialist area(s)
- An awareness of the pastoral and the academic needs of young people from a variety of backgrounds and the ability to respond to those needs positively and sensitively.
- Commitment to an inclusive education
- Experience of working as a member of a team and evidence of the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities policies and practical ideas for their implementation in this post.
- An understanding of and commitment to the welfare and safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults within a Further Education and Young Offenders Institution context.
If you would be interested in this opportunity, please send across your most up to date CV highlighting the relevant experience and skills required for the position and a member of the team will get in touch to discuss your application further.
**This position is subject to enhanced clearance checks by both REED Further Education and the prison**