I'm pleased to be working with a great firm of mine who are now looking for an IBA Accounts Assistant to join their team. My client is keen to find someone with some basic IBA knowledge however will consider someone who is looking to break into the finance world.
The role will encompass the following:
- Ensure all debts are collected as soon as possible and all liabilities are settled within agreed credit terms
- Ensure all cash received is matched as soon as possible
- Ensure that all processes are being completed on a timely and accurate basis
- Ensure accounting ledgers are maintained in an up to date and accurate manner.
- To produce accurate and timely management information on both a regular and ad hoc basis
- Regular liaison with other departments regarding outstanding queries, particularly cash queries
- Ensure that all outstanding cash under query with the clients/underwriters is chased on a monthly basis
- Prepare and despatch statements of accounts in accordance with account holders’ requirements and/or when requested by divisions
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and up to date records, accessible to all parties that require them
- Monitor client money payments to intermediary placing brokers
- Notify appropriate individuals of potential bad debts at earliest possible stage and enlist assistance where appropriate
- Undertake other duties and ad hoc tasks and projects
To be an ideal applicant, you should have had exposure to IBA accounting. If you don't then you will need a grade of a B or higher in Maths.