Reed engineering are pleased to be working with an established aviation company based near Stansted who are currently seeking an experienced Hydraulic fitter / Mechanical fitter to join their team.
As a Hydraulic fitter you will be working amongst an experienced team in the Landing gear department of the workshop. You will be responsible for the service, overhaul, repair and functionality testing of various equipment associated with the aircraft undercarriage.
This is to include but not limited to:
• Brake units
• Steering actuation
• Other hydraulic components
• The ideal candidate will ideally come from an aerospace background, however candidates from automotive or heavy plant will be considered.
• Close attention to detail
• Competent hand skills
• Strong general engineer background
• Understanding and knowledge of Hydraulic principals
• Ability to read and work to engineering drawings
• Ability to follow and interpret user manuals
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate and work well within a small team
In return you will receive:
• up to £24,000 per annum, depending on level of experience
• Working hours - Week 1: Monday - Thursday, 07:30am - 17:00pm. Friday, 08:00 am - 15:20pm.Week 2: Monday - Wednesday, 07:30am - 17:00pm, Thursday, 07:30am - 16:00pm, Friday DAY OFF!
• No weekends
• 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Company Pension
If you have experience with hydraulics and a strong mechanical background, please click apply now to be considered for this fantastic role!