Reed Education are recruiting for a Teacher of Humanities – History, Geography, RE and PSHE to start after Easter break 2021.
Are you a passionate, high-performing Humanities Teacher who is looking for a new challenge waiting to join a dedicated team?
If you are an outstanding classroom practitioner with a passion for student learning, and you want to be part of this growing and thriving school, we look forward to receiving your application. They will welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
Successful A ‘Level teaching is desirable but a recent track record of highly effective teaching in KS3 and 4 is essential. Experience of teaching BTEC Travel and Tourism would be desirable but not essential.
WHY CHOOSE THIS SCHOOL:
This schools is a popular and oversubscribed community school in the county of Torfaen. They have a strong reputation for the academic development of the most able, and those with SEND; and for their rich sporting, musical and cultural life. Their core values are Community, Ambition and Opportunity are exhibited throughout the school community. The school was established in more recent years and now has in excess of 600 students. It is an exciting and dynamic school with staff dedicated to developing the talents and ambition of their students.
• A forward-thinking approach to learning and teaching
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
• A ‘trust’ school offering the opportunity for collaborative working and development across the Trusts 5 schools and excellent CPD opportunities
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
• QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
• A degree
• Recent track record of highly effective teaching
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• The ability to teach up to KS4 and KS5 desirable
• A passion for your subject and a commitment to integrating it across the curriculum
• A high expectation for teaching and learning for learners of all abilities
• Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work with and develop the team.
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
If you are an outstanding practitioner with a passion for student learning and you want to be part of a forward thinking, highly successful department in a thriving school, we look forward to receiving your application. Please apply by clicking APPLY NOW below.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Reed Education are very proud to be supporting schools across Wales through the National Procurement Service Framework. The pay rates quoted within this advert are subject to the role requirements stipulated by the school at the time of requesting a member of staff from us. Pay will always be clearly discussed and clarified with you before an assignment begins.