Humanities Teachers – needed in Leeds and surrounding areas
If you are a Humanities teacher looking for a new start in September 2020, Reed Education are here to help you find the right role for you in a local secondary school.
Here at Reed Education Leeds, we are working alongside local schools who are looking for a reliable and committed Humanities Teacher. We are currently recruiting for a school in Wakefield who are looking for a Humanities Teacher to start in September
What can we offer?
- A personalised service from a consultant. Throughout your time working with Reed, we will make sure to find out what you are looking for and work to suit you.
- We can provide access to opportunities including 1-2-1 support with mainstream and SEN pupils, group work and whole class TA.
- We secure work for people on a short term, long term and even permanent basis, meaning you hear about the roles you want.
- We work around your specialisms – perhaps you feel best suited to a particular age range or ability level? Or maybe you feel like offering a more nurturing approach to an SEN student is where your strength lies?
- A variety of schools – you can rest assured that by choosing Reed you are choosing an agency with a large and growing presence in Leeds and surrounding areas who will contact the schools that you want to work in.
- Working primarily with the upper key stages, you will be working with GCSE students as they start the new academic year.
- Specialising in Humanities, as an expert in this area you will be working from the National Curriculum to produce exciting, engaging and interactive lessons
What you will need:
- Qualified Teacher Status in the UK, alongside a specialism in a Humanities subject.
- Applications are welcome from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
- Experience of working in an SEN setting
Every school is, of course, different. It is up to us to help make sure we focus on positions in the schools which suit you. Just some of the things that local schools are looking for include:
- Experience working with a particular subject area
- Relevant training and qualifications
- Any additional training – perhaps you’ve attended a SEN course or are Team Teach trained? It all helps!
- Plus, anything which makes you different! If you have worked in an SEN setting, can help students with EAL or can bring something different to the table, it will all be noticed.
What are the benefits Reed offer?
- A competitive pay rate based on your experience and the requirements of the role.
- A specialist consultant who will work with you and provide you with additional support such as CV writing, interview guidance and honest feedback.
- Access to CPD including Safeguarding training, PREVENT and Team Teach.
- Reed Benefits including access to various insurances and discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme of £100 per referral.
- Access to our pension scheme
Our registration process is clear and straight forward, and in light of the current situation has been made complete remote so that you can enjoy a risk-free registration, leaving us to work in the background and make sure you are ready when the schools are.
Reed are committed to safeguarding and all candidates will be subject to a formal registration process which requires an enhanced DBS check either on the Update Service or completed by Reed.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business