We are currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager for our clients Croydon Hub to oversee the logistics and transport across the Hub network.
What does the role involve?
As Operations Manager, you will proactively manage the day-to-day running of the transport and warehouse operation within budget, service levels and KPI's. You will also be responsible for stock accuracy and availability, stock rotation and damage control, as well as managing the sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure an efficient and cost-effective service is being provided at all times. Key elements of the role will include the planning and management of all matters related to the Drivers and Warehouse, including vehicle service & MOT planning, staff planning, coaching and mentoring of your Drivers and staff.
The successful candidate will require:
• Candidates must have operational/warehouse management experience gained within Roofing/Builders Merchants
• Experience of managing full site P&L and strong experience of refining stock and warehouse processes
• Strong communication skills with strong business acumen and the ability to liaise internally across departments
• Knowledge of fleet operations, warehouse management and an understanding of safety and legal compliance
• Excellent customer care skills and have an interest in the operations of a large distribution centre
Our client has a great opportunity to build your career in a market leading business, along with a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include an achievable bonus, car/allowance, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, a great pension, life insurance and a Share Incentive Scheme.