|Location: ROCHDALE, LANCASHIRE||Salary: 27000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: HR||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: FULL TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3057498|
You will be responsible for the day to day management of all HR services. Working in conjunction with Line Managers the post holder will manage recruitment and selection, induction and probations, appraisals and professional development and leavers. The post holder will also manage all HR administration including the maintenance of all employee database, correspondence, annual leave, sickness, annual reviews, updating personal records and reporting. You will manage the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring the safety of its staff, visitors and contractors. The post holder will ensure the Company has up-to-date health and safety policy systems and procedures in place and you will undertake regular reviews and assessments to meet legal compliance ensuring that all safety standards are maintained to a high standard.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic individual who has exemplary interpersonal and relationship building skills and who possesses significant experience within HR, health and safety and associated legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the day to day management of all HR and health and safety services for the Company.
- Manage all administrative processes in relation to the recruitment of staff, including preparation of job descriptions, advertising and CV/application review, managing and be an active member of interview and selection process.
- Manage all contractual documentation in relation to the recruitment of staff ensuring appropriate recruitment practices, reference and compliance checks are undertaken and reviewed.
- Manage the induction and on-boarding process for new employees, ensuring that they all inductions are scheduled and paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Working with appropriate Line Managers manage the administration of all staff probations and review meetings, supporting as required.
- Liaise with payroll in relation to new starters, leavers and annual pay progressions.
- Manage and maintain absence and sickness records and reporting for all employees.
- Manage and maintain all annual leave and other staff absences, including recording and reporting as required.
- Manage and maintain all HR employee records ensuring that all records all up-to-date with any contractual amendments or changes in personal circumstances.
- Manage all HR documentation including the Company Handbook, updating and reviewing regularly to meet the demands of the Company and to ensure compliance in line with external legislation.
- Maintain all health and safety policy, procedures and consult with employees as necessary in accordance with legislation.
- Perform all health and safety coordination duties undertaking core risk assessments.
- Manage and maintain training records for all staff in health and safety training including manual handling, fire marshalling, first aid training and scheduling refresher and new training courses as required.
- Manage the health and safety of the Company’s infrastructure, including PAT testing, office security, fire alarm testing, fire drills, emergency plans and business continuity planning etc.
- Manage and maintain the Company’s Health and Safety Action Plan ensuring they are regularly reviewed and presented to senior management and any regulatory requirements are maintained in accordance with legislation and meet legal compliance.
- Work proactively with Line Managers and other key staff to establish, maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of health and safety, including regular audits as required.
- In conjunction with Line Managers ensure that risk assessments and accident management systems are in place including the completion of appropriate DSE, COSHH and RIDDOR and manual handling assessments.
- Maintain the accident and ‘near miss’ records for the Company ensuring that we meet the HSE notification in relation to reporting.
- Provide day to day advice to Line Manager and employees as required on all general HR related queries.
- Provide support to Line Managers with more complex HR issues, liaising as required with the Company’s external advisors.
- Assist and attend formal HR meetings as required, such as employee disciplinary matters.
- Manage the Company’s annual staff appraisal rounds ensuring all meetings and paperwork are completely in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with Line Managers support with the writing, development and scheduling of personal development plans.
- Manage all reference requests for current and ex-employees.
- Provide workforce information and HR reporting as required by senior management.
- Attend regular updates and training on all HR and health and safety legislation and ensure that policy is reviewed and compliant.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree/CIPD/NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent qualification.
- At least three years’ experience in or working within an HR/health and safety advisory or management role.
- Proven track record in the management of HR administration.
- Significant experience in the management of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Significant knowledge of HR/health and safety legislation and compliance and policy writing.
- Significant experience of managing complex HR issues.
- Excellent verbal, influencing and written communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent computer and general IT skills with a natural technical aptitude.
32000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Hour
LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDERead more
30000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
FAREHAM, HAMPSHIRERead more
28000 - 31000 GBP Per Annum
BANGOR, GWYNEDDRead more
28000.00 - 35000.00 GBP Per Annum
WOLVERHAMPTON, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
35000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
ELLESMERE PORT, CHESHIRERead more