Reed HR are currently working alongside a large College based in East London who are urgently recruiting for an experienced Policy Officer for a 12 month interim assignment. This is an Interim role so will be paid on a weekly basis.
Based on the current circumstances with COVID -19 the successful applicant will be working from home.
1. To ensure that the College has an effective input into the work of all levels of government in the UK relating to mental health.
2. To analyse government policy, facilitate research and help shape the Colleges responses to strategically important legislation and consultations.
3. To assist the Colleges Officers and committees in developing and delivering the Colleges policy strategy.
4. To develop strategic external alliances with relevant stakeholders.
1. To assist the Colleges HR Manager with policy and communication tasks relating to the organisation, Scottish Parliament and Government.
2. Support the work of the Colleges by applying analytical skills and policy expertise in drafting well evidenced responses to formal external consultations, in liaison with appropriate psychiatric specialties.
3. Gather data by proactively scanning the external policy, parliamentary, legal and research environments to identify emergent issues which may impact on the work of the Colleges.
4. To work with the Colleges in Scotland Chair, Director of Strategic Communications, Head of International, Devolved Nations and Divisions and Head of Policy and Campaigns to create and deliver strategies to ensure that people with mental illness, learning difficulties and developmental disorders are treated equally
5. To have regular management meetings with the Head of Policy and Campaigns to progress influencing and campaigning strategies which are reflected in annual KPIs, ensuring that all the Colleges policy activities are consistent, robust and evidence based.
6. Undertake and manage defined policy development tasks and projects, such as researching, writing, managing and finalising briefing papers, policy statements and other Colleges materials as agreed with the HR Manager and other Senior Management.
7. To work with the Policy Unit of the College to share expertise and ensure the College has a co-ordinated approach to policy.
Full job description is available.