My Client is one of the most prestigious organisations in Cambridge has a need of FTC Operational Support Officer due to the temporary arrangement of operational activities and upcoming projects for approximately a year (1 September 2020 to 31 August 2020). They seek one full-time (37hpw –Mon-Fri) role, currently based 100 % remotely bit this may change to 50 % on site in Cambridge by the end of the year.
The overall goal of this role is in supporting senior operational staff (Acting Director of Operations, Deputy Operations Manager, Executive Assistant to Head of Department) across a portfolio of activities including finance, HR, grant management, research support, grant reporting, coordination of grant applications, and administrative elements such as diary management and minute taking.
The role will suit someone who has work experience in a University, Higher Educational or Medical Research setting, especially those who have worked with finance/HR elements, grants administration, and have administrative experience such as minute taking, diary management and other logistical support.
Given the volume of staff (ca. 80) and visitors, students and honoraries (ca. 50) and the range of grants and activity underpinning the activity, it is essential that routine finance (purchase orders, expenses processing) and HR (recruitment, appraisal, probation, pay and reward, leaver) activities are managed by a proactive staff member who can multitask across a range of Unit activities and the tenacity to pursue results and contact with busy staff members both within the Unit, Department and across the School of Clinical Medicine.
A CV will be required and shortlisted candidates will be invited to have a conversation with the team. We anticipate the work to be remunerated around grade 6 of the University pay scale, ca. £15.30/hr gross to employee.
- Experience with HR processes (recruitment, employee management)
- Experience with any of budgeting, procurement and/or financial management
- Experience with diary management, minute taking, administrative support for senior staff (Head of Department, Chief Operating Officers, and other Head/Lead equivalents)
- Experience supporting research projects (coordination and/or grant application)
- Events Management skills
- Web development expertise
- Experience with University HR policy
- Experience with University Finance System (CUFS)