HR Operational Lead
One of the largest local authority based in London are seeking to appoint an interim HR Operational Lead to provide strategic support and leadership for its operational HR team as the organisation embarks upon significant organisation change to meet growing financial pressures, and at the same time responding to the pandemic. It is a full-time role, Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week. The role will be work from home until further notice.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Head of Human Resources and senior management team and will be an experienced senior HR leader with the ability to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary HR team. You should have sound knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice. Ideally, with knowledge and experience of working in local authority setting. Strong leadership will be essential.
Specific priorities and deliverables will be:
- Provide leadership to the Councils operational HR teams - Employee Relations, Recruitment Services, HR Management Information
- Support the Council’s response to COVID-19 across the range of People Management issues, including the continuing development and maintenance of a People Management framework
- Support the organisation with major staff restructuring and organisational change to deliver budget savings
- Lead the procurement and implementation of the councils new recruitment system
- Lead a review of the Council’s HR Policy framework.
Due to the nature of the role candidates must have the stated experience and skill set mentioned above. If you feel the role fits your experience and skill set apply now for immediate consideration.