REED HR Reading are currently partnering with the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust to support them with the recruitment of a Medical Workforce Manager on a 12 Month FTC starting immediately!
This is an exciting role, reporting to the Head of Medical Workforce & Education, working full time, free parking on site with excellent benefits.
Purpose of the role: To provide specialist employment advice and support to Care Group Group Directors, Managers, Junior Doctors and other stakeholders across the Trust.
- To provide leadership and management of the Medical Workforce team for day to day and operational duties including providing specialist, efficient and professional Medical HR advice. To be agreed and overseen by the Head of Medical Workforce & Education.
To oversee and be responsible for all the medical recruitment and selection processes for consultant appointments and other designated grades of medical staff in accordance with legal requirements, good employment practice and Trust policy.
- Ensure robust relationships are developed within the Trust to influence, challenge and support managers and to monitor the success of the key performance indicators relating to Employee Relations for Medical Staff.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of a comprehensive Medical Workforce service to the Trust in order to support operational effectiveness and the achievement of the Trust’s strategic plan.
- Provide professional advice and expertise on a range of workforce issues, identifying interventions and initiatives as appropriate. Supporting services in achieving fair and effective management of their employees, reducing corporate liabilities through effective risk management and workforce activity.
- To contribute to the implementation of the Trust’s Medical Workforce framework of policies and procedures.
- To line manage, support and coach the Medical Workforce Advisors as appropriate.
To be considered for this role you will need to have a full CIPD qualification, have immediate availability or short notice and expertise of working within a healthcare environment in terms of application on NHS policy and process. Up to date knowledge and significant experience in the application of current UK employment legislation.
To find out more information, please get in touch with Charlotte Chandler at REED HR Reading.