- Current knowledge of HR issues, policy and practice.
- Understanding of the voluntary sector.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and other relevant legislation.
- Leadership and decision making skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills, written and spoken, with the ability to explain complex HR matters.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to develop strategy and policy.
- Integrity and discretion.
- Multi-tasking skills and an ability to manage competing priorities.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn appropriate IT applications for communication and reporting purposes, including MS Office.