HR MANAGER - COMPANY ESTABLISHED ALMOST FORTY YEARS!
One of our partner clients, based in Lancashire, are looking to recruit a HR MANAGER to their management team.
Based out of their Chorley office, this is an opportunity for a strong-willed, articulate HR Professional to join a forward-thinking management team at an exciting time of their development.
The Ideal Candidate MUST have....
- CIPD Level 5 as an absolute minimum
- Experience - you must be confident when dealing with strong-minded department heads
- Patience and resilience - this won't be an easy job!
- The HIGHEST of standards - the MD/Owner is extremely hands on!
It is the medium term vision of the business to bring their HR function fully in-house; currently, they utilise an external HR Advisor with insurance cover - so experience of in-sourcing services would be advantageous (please detail this in your covering letter if possible).
What about core professional competancies?
It goes without saying; for this role, due to the seniority of it in the business, you MUST have:
- Excellent and robust communication skills at all levels, both oral and written.
- A highly organised approach to work; being flexible and having the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A positive, proactive nature and self-motivated.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to manage confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
So, all that sounds exciting - and a full job specification is available to candidates who, after applying, pass the initial shortlisting process.
What else could your new role entail?
You will be...
- Liaising with the external HR Advisor (with a view to assuming their responsibilities in due course).
- Administrating all Group HR policies and procedures.
- Acting as first point of contact regarding all HR enquiries, escalating as appropriate.
- General HR administration.
- To provide Management information when required.
- Maintaining accurate HR records, including Gender Pay Gap reporting.
- Management of the employee lifecycle (e.g. recruitment, departure, improvement plans etc).
- Coordinating HR processes (e.g. maternity/paternity; absence; redundancy; grievance and disciplinary).
- Liaising with the external Payroll Bureau.
- Providing information / processing childcare vouchers in line with individual salary sacrifice details.
- Processing of maternity/paternity/adoption pay in line with statutory policies.
- Processing of holiday requests and sickness absence notifications.
- Maintaining illness absence records and eligibility for sick pay.
This really is an exciting opportunity for a talented, skillful HR professional looking for a new role in one of the North Wests' most established companies.
What happens next?
- Interested candidates are to submit their CV to this advert
- Candidates will be contacted for an initial, confidential discussion, and a review of your experience against the job specification and disclosure of the company.
- Candidates will attend an initial interview with the dedicated HR Recruiter at REED
- Successful candidates will be presented to the client for their review
- First/second stage interview with the client
- Hopefully, your dream new job!